JULY 23, 2017
REDEEMER'S CHURCH OVERSEER CANDIDATE SUBMISSION
For Text to Give, text "give" to 559.472.7212
JOSEPH: CAN'T STOP GOD'S PLAN
Pastor Jeff Harrington
Family problems won’t stop God’s plan. (Gen 37: 1-4)
- Generational family problems. (Jacob’s story)
- Current family problems.
Spiritual problems won’t stop God’s plan. (Gen 37: 5-11)
- Vision can scare people
- Just because you know something…
- Being close to God can scare others.
Really hard problems may be part of us fulfilling God’s plan. (Gen 37: 12-17)
- Jesus was led into wilderness TO BE tempted! (Matthew 4: 1-11)
- Peter was allowed to be “sifted.” (Luke 22: 33-32)
Does your theology (what you know about God/Jesus/Holy Spirit), your faith (what you believe about God/Jesus/Holy Spirit), have room for God leading you into a really hard situation?
“Just because you can’t see or imagine a good reason why God would allow something bad to happen doesn’t mean there can’t be one” - Timothy Keller
Disobeying God can never stop God’s plan. (Gen 37: 18-36)
- Sin takes you where you didn’t intend to go;
- Sin keeps you longer than you intended to stay;
- Sin costs you more than you intended to pay.
God will find you; God will not leave you; God has paid the debt.